Since it's a bye week in this house, I'm ignoring everything but my thoughts. Unfortunately, my weekend state of mind is also a weakened state of mind, leaving little to think about. So instead of digging through my brain I dug through my documents folder.
This is near and dear to my heart. It's about hope, I think, and I wrote it when I thought I had used all mine up. Then I met this guy who read my poem, and me, pretty darn well. He saw what I couldn't and loved when I wouldn't. So...thanks, guy, for that. You're one in a million...and I'd wait for you, too.
The Last Man On Earth
Sat against the sea.
His back browned from the merciless sun and worn from weeks of enduring wave after wave wash over his flesh.
Crossed legs molded beneath the grains.
He stared back the to land, empty boats lining the beach. And waited.
No comments:
Post a Comment